Mr. Patrick A. Knight
MD Hons, FRCS Eng
FRCS Eng Neurosurgery JSCFE
- Higher surgical training at Bristol Royal Infirmary | University Hospitals Bristol and the prestigious Southmead Hospital Bristol.
- Dual certified FRCS Neurosurgery in both the United Kingdom and the International examinations.
- Experience treating a variety of neurological and spine disorders.
- Spine and Functional Neurosurgery Fellowship:
- Fellowship expertise in Paediatric Neurosurgery.
- Fellowship training in Skull-base Neurosurgery.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at West Shore Medical Trinidad- 2018- present
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at Port of Spain General Hospital Trinidad-2018- present
- Skull base and Vascular Neurosurgery Fellow Southmead Hospital Bristol UK 2018
- Paediatric Neurosurgery Fellow University Hospital Bristol UK 2017-2018
- Spine and Functional Fellow Southmead Hospital UK 2016
- Neurosurgery Speciality Registrar Port of Spain General Hospital Trinidad 2012-2016
- Spine surgery volunteer Registrar Princess Elizabeth Centre Scoliosis and Complex Spine 2014-2016
- PAHO/WHO Consultant and Temporary Advisor 2015
- CANS 2019 Awake Perfomed- a case series
- CANS 2018 The Talking Patient- Awake Craniotomy
- CANS 2018 Stereotactic Robotic Deep Brain Stimulation
- CANS 2016 Neurosurgery in the Multiple Trauma Patient. Social considerations and Pitfalls
- AO Spine Workshop 2016 Case Presentations.
- Spine Deformity in the Myeloma patient.
- Odontoid Peg fractures and management
- International Neuro-Endoscopic Conference 2016. Endoscopic Skull Base Anatomy
- CANS 2015 Hangman’s Fracture – Many Ways, Choose One.Management of Hangman’s Fractures
- AO Spine Workshop 2015 Non- Operative Treatment of Thoracolumbar Fractures
- Burst Thoracolumbar Fractures Treatment Anterior vs Posterior Treatmentstrategies of Type C Thoracolumbar Fractures How to avoid post Traumatic deformity
- World Federation of Neurological Surgeons (W.F.N.S.) Education seminar 2015. Pathophysiology of the degenerative disc and cervical arthroplasty.
- PAHO World Diabetic Conference 2015. Peripheral Neuropathy as a Complication of Diabetes Mellitus
- CANS 2014 Physician vs Surgeon- Malignant Middle Cerebral Artery Infarcts. A case report -Local Experience with Pituitary Tumours
- National Radiosurgery Conference 2014. Principles of Radiosurgery
- The Caribbean Neurosciences Symposium 2013 (CANS) Comparative Patient Reported Outcome - Measurements (PROM) between Balloon Kyphoplasty versus Radiofrequency Kyphoplasty, a Pilot Study.
- Medtronic Advanced Midas Rex Course 2013, 2014
- Medtronic Balloon Kyphoplasty Cadaver Course 2013
- Medtronic Minimal Invasive Spine Course- Sextant and Longitude systems 2013
- Prestige LP Anterior Cervical Disc Arthroplasty Course 2013
- Medtronic Microscopic Skull Base Course Texas. Prof. L. Borba 2013
- Ottawa Neurosurgery Review Course 2015
- FRCS Neurosurgery Practice Course Aberdeen 2016
- International Neuro-Endoscopic Workshop 2016
- Medtronic Advanced Course on Neuromodulation for Pain Management 2016
- Medtronic Stealth Axiem training course 2017
- RCS FRCS Neurosurgery Course London 2017
Education and Certification
- FRCS Neurosurgery JCIE/UK 2018 by examination
- FRCS Neurosurgery JSCFE/Intl 2018 by examination.
- Fellow International College of Surgeons Neurosurgery USA 2015
- Certified Independent Specialist Practitioner MBTT 2015
- Post Graduate Additional Qualifications MBTT 2012 ,2013, 2016
- Post Graduate Higher Qualifications MBTT 2015
- Member European Association of Neurosurgical Societies 2014
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow 2013
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2012
- Member of Medical Board Trinidad & Tobago (MBTT) 2008
- Advanced Trauma & Life Support 2008
- Doctor of Medicine Summa Cum Laude 2007
- Undergraduate – University of Villa Clara, Faculty of Medical Sciences
- University of Edinburgh UK Online Tutor Neurosurgery 2017
- University of the West Indies part time lecturer undergraduate Teaching 2008 – 2016 Surgical Skills, Neurosurgery.
- Undergraduate Lecturer in Neurosurgery and Orthopedics 2001-2007, Faustino Perez, Faculty of Medical Sciences Cuba